Michael is a leader, visionary, highly respected entrepreneur and author.
Michael is currently the President and CEO of the Innovation Cluster as well as the Chief Strategy Officer of RainMaker World Wide Inc. Michael is also the 2011 Peterborough Chamber of Commerce Business Citizen of the Year and is one of this years inductees into the Junior Achievement Peterborough, Business Hall of Fame.
Previously, Michael founded Operitel Corporation, a learning software development company that he expanded worldwide. In 2006, Profit Magazine recognized Operitel as one of Canada’s hottest companies and then in 2008 as one of Canada’s fastest growing companies. Operitel has also won the following Peterborough Chamber of Commerce Awards; Entrepreneurial Spirit Award in 2006, Employer of the Year in 2009 and again in 2012. In 2011, Michael had a success exit with Operitel being acquired by OpenText Corporation, Canada’s largest software company.
Michael co-authoring a chapter found in a “Plan to Learn: Case studies in eLearning Project Management” and “eLearning Project Management: Canadian Perspective” as well as many other whitepapers.
Michael has been involved on several volunteer boards and committees including:
• Director of the Peterborough Regional Angel Network (2010 – Present)
• Founding Member of StartUP Peterborough. (2015 –Present)
• Director of the Shining Waters Railway Board (2014 - Present)
• Vice Chair of the Peterborough Agriculture Society (2015 – Present)
• Past Director of the Peterborough Economic Development Board (2012 - 2016)
• Past Vice-Chair of the Greater Peterborough Innovation Cluster (2012 - 2016)
• Past Chair of the Peterborough Economic Development 2015-2020 Strategic Plan Committee (2014 - 2016) (2012 - 2016)
• Past Member of the Trent University Student and Entrepreneurship Centre Working Group (2013 - 2015)
• Past Co-chair of the Trent University Business Council (2013 - 2015).
• Past major gifts volunteer with the Peterborough Regional Health Centre Foundation (during the build of PRHC)
Michael was previously a volunteer with the Kawartha Labour Market Planning Committee. Michael has also made a number of contributions to local charities through his “Location Sponsor” incentive program, which subsidizes some charity events held at The Venue. Michael believes in action over words and that following through on ambitions – whether they be based on personal, business, or community ambitions – requires leadership to ensure that they are a success. Based on his experiences in the community, Michael offers the kind of leadership, vision and drive necessary for success.